Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I went to bed feeling fine & was awakened at 2 with stomach

Customer Question

I went to bed feeling fine & was awakened at 2 with stomach distended pain & vomiting. I've thrown up several times & feel awful. What is it ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this could be due to food poisoning or a viral gastritis infection of your stomach.

what did you eat yesterday?

if you didn't wash your hands before you ate or ate seafood, alcohol, spicy foods, or ate out at a restaurant, this can lead to food poisoning or bacteria or virus in your food which can cause vomiting.

vomiting several times is no fun.

ginger and ginger tea or flat ginger ale and saltine crackers can sometimes settle the stomach

if you continue to vomit, you need to see a doctor for prescription nausea medications like zofran or compazine suppositories or phenergan suppositories to help stop your vomiting

if you can't drink any water, you can easily become dehydrated and need IV fluids at the hospital

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com