Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Im currently experiencing pain in my left groin which has

Customer Question

Hi there,my name is ***** ***** experiencing pain in my left groin which has resulted in my left leg swelling up making it difficult to walk. ive had all the symtoms of a respirority infection all week.As a result of this have my lymph nodes in my groin become inflamed therefore causing this.Ive been doing some research.
Regards,
Darren.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

You do not specify a question. However, in someone with groin pain, leg swelling, and respiratory symptoms, one of the possibilities is a blood clot in the large deep vein that travels through the groin, called deep venous thrombophlebitis, or DVT. The blood clot can cause swelling because of blockage of blood flow through the vein back to the heart. A part of this blood clot can break off and travel to the lungs, causing respiratory symptoms, such as shortness of breath or cough.

While there other conditions that can cause groin pain and leg swelling, including a variety of infections, but with the possibility of a DVT, it is recommended that you should be seen urgently.

Do you have other questions about the situation?

I have not heard whether there were any other questions about the situation, so will close out the question.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.