Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I hsve ccups hours strsghi dord it hsve to do w a 2,7cm cyst

Customer Question

i hsve hiccups for 3 hours strsghi dord it hsve to do w a 2,7cm cyst onmy kidney i tooka mri for itand cant get it tostop
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Hiccups would typically be unrelated to a kidney cyst or to an MRI that is done for diagnosis of the kidney cyst. In most cases of hiccups, no specific cause can be identified. However, in the cases in which a cause can be identified, it is most often related to specific oral intake that precipitates the hiccups, although smoking can also cause hicups. It also can be related to any condition that can cause abdominal bloating, since it would increase the pressure in the abdomen. However, a kidney cyst that is 2.7cm in size would typically not cause abdominal bloating.

So, the hiccups would typically not be related to a kidney cyst or the MRI. If you want to try to identify a cause, then it would be appropriate to consider recent oral intake or if abdominal bloating is present, trying to identify the cause of the abdominal bloating. But, it is also true that no specific cause can be found in most cases.

If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.

Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.

This is a link to my profile:

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.