Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I just woke up with a horrible coughing attack ... when I

Customer Question

Customer: Tim I just woke up with a horrible coughing attack ... when I breathe in i feel " bubbling" in my chest
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: and out too its BURNS when i cough in my chest also
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are feeling bad.

It will help if you could provide some further information.

Are you having any shortness of breath?

Are you bringing up any mucus or pus with the cough?

Are you having any fever?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today.

Did you have this before? Any history of GERD [gastric reflux] or Chest infection before?

I have not heard back from my request for further information.

There are several common causes of sudden onset of coughing, bubbling in chest and a burning sensation.

I ask about shortness of breath, because the presence of shortness of breath would indicate that you should be seen urgently, regardless of the underlying cause. Shortness of breath that is associated with a cough that is productive with purulent sputum or fever would also be worrisome for a bacterial pneumonia.

It is also possible to develop the coughing and associated symptoms from a bornchitis, which is usually less serious, although also can need urgent care if there is shortness of breath.

Acid reflux also can cause coughing, bubbling and a burning sensation. If a significant amount of acid gets into the lungs, it can cause significant shortness of breath related to an aspiration pneumonia, which also should be addressed urgently.

If you are not having any shortness of breath, purulent sputum, or fever, then it is more reasonable to try some home remedies for relief of symptoms, such as a cough syrup that contains a suppressant, such as dextromethorphan, or a medicine to offset stomach acid, such as a liquid antacid, ranitidine, or omeprazole.

If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.

Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.

This is a link to my profile:

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

HelloCustomer

This can be just due anxiety or can be due to can be related to heart and lung.

You need to get investigated for heart, an ECG, Echo and a Treadmill test to be done.

and a Chest X-ray to be taken.

If everything is ruled out, you should be having a reflux or sleep apnea or anxiety.

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com