Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have been here a few times trying to trouble shoot some

Customer Question

I have been here a few times trying to trouble shoot some problems I have been having but have since went and had drs visits and tests done and nobody seems to know what is going on. Figured I would try here again. To catch someone up to speed its been going on for over a year and a half now. It started with tightness in the upper part of my throat. It feels like it affects my breathing to a point only when I breathe through my nose not mouth. Its a swollen sensation mainly on my right side. The only thing that is really associated with it from time to time is like a gas pain behind my chest muscle. My throat isn't sore, scratchy etc. The swollen sensation varies from minutes, to hours and then to intermittent spurts thrown out through mainly a week. When the tightness in the upper portion of my throat subsides I mainly feel a tightness in the tip top of my stomach. It doesn't hurt or anything it just feels like I may have ate too much or gas is trapped. While all this is going on my sinuses go into overdrive. I have always had terrible sinuses since birth so I am use to spells with them but this is a whole new ball game to me. No matter how much pseudo I take I cant get it to drain properly nor just to "dry" up. Knowing all of this I thought that maybe my heartburn was in overdrive at night when I was sleeping and maybe coming back up and aggravating my sinuses times 10 and maybe causing the throat aggravation to where it was causing the swelling sensation. I scheduled an appt with my GI dr and was best to do the upper endoscopy test. He did the test and everything looked normal. Even did a biopsy and it came back normal. I do have a hiatal hernia but I have had it for 12 years now hence the nexium I take every day. He said the hernia had in no way gotten any worse and that from looking everything was normal. He scheduled an esophageal manometry test. The test was horrible in every aspect but it was also normal. No eating disorder etc. I was hoping that maybe someone out there armed with this information might could shed some sort of light on the situation. Maybe point me in the right direction on who and where I should go. Could this be some aggravation with my constant draining sinuses or something that gets inflamed due to them or what? I mean I haven't been admitted to the hospital because of it or anything and I mean I do feel bad when it flares up but not to the point where I cant function. Just looking for some help and feedback please! If I can be of more help to you and answer any extra questions please let me I would be grateful! Thanks and god bless in advance!!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

I will try to help you out ...

Please tell me how old are you? and your gender ?

Do you Diabetes , hypertension or any chronic illness ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
29, Male no chronic illnesses
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no diabetes either sorry over looked that one

Do you have anxiety , depression in your family ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mom takes some meds bc she is a little high strung but honestly that's all I can think of. I worry a lot about certain things but I don't tend to loose a lot of sleep over it. I usually just blow up and get everything off my chest and then move on. As far as depression goes my mom takes Prozac but all I know is that its a nerve pill of some sorts of thought it was.

Thanks for info ....

I have studied in detail , info that you provided and brief discussion that we had .

I finally concluded that you have Psychosomatic illness , when full blown anxiety involves your nerves it turns to effect your body function .

I will highly suggest you to get consultation from Psychatrist to manage your Psychosomatic issues .

You will be perfectly alright with treatment .

Please proceed as I advised you .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also left out something that may or may not help you in the matter. I had been a smoker for prob ten years and have had no health issues or any new problems related to smoking other than knowing its bad. I would have spells of when I smoked it would aggravate my throat. When I say that I mean it would feel like my throat was going to close up when I smoked at all. It would get real real tight and swollen feeling. Once I put the cig out and maybe 30 minutes had passed it would subside. I could still tell it was there but nothing like it was. However, I could go inbetween these flare up and smoke and have no issues what so ever. I mean no tightness or anything that was uncomfortable then times it was like that. I quit smoking all together bc of it thinking maybe it was the cause and all of a sudden I was allergic to them. Don't get me wrong I am glad I did but the problems hasn't went away all together bc of it. I haven't had anywhere near as bad of flares up since but the issue is still there from time to time. I wanted to add that info as well. I never had that type of flare of with food, drinks or even smokeless tobacco. Thought this might shed a little extra light.

Again my conclusion is same , and I will ask you to once visit Psychatrist .

Regards .