Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I'm a 49y/o male. Back in late 2003 early 2004 I started

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 49y/o male. Back in late 2003 early 2004 I started with a small soft lump in my clavicle area on my left side. It is now almost 2016, I have had X-rays, CT scans and ultrasound that showed nothing. Doctors have said everything from its a pulled muscle, fluid, fat tissue and nothing at all. It started out small and has continued to grow, it doesn't hurt but is very bothersome. I have developed other conditions that I believe could be related. I have extreme fatigue, soaking hot flashes day and night lasting up to an hour or more, chest pains and my heart checked out fine, anxieties, shortness of breath, dizziness, memory problems, blurred vision, headaches, shaky hands, weakness, daily nausea, severe stomach pains, bloody stools, constipation, painful stools, abscesses and small pimple like bumps all over my body and unexplained weight gain. Things the doctors have said I do have such as inflation of that large intestine, two cysts on my liver and fatty tissue, stage two kidney disease and syncope.
Because of my fatigue, nausea and pain I am all but completely bed ridden. I am unable to sit or stand for any length without feeling like I want to pass out.
My question is what do I do to get my doctor to take me seriously and help? What could be going on with me and what should I be asking my doctor to do?
I would be great full for any suggestions you might have.
Thank you
Larry
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

it could be a benign lipoma which can grow in an area and be bothersome and can look like fat on ultrasound

a biopsy can confirm if it is a lipoma or benign fatty mass.

if it is bothersome, you can have it removed surgically, but it doesn't sound like it is causing your symptoms.

if you have bad anxiety symptoms, you might benefit from anti-anxiety medications or an SSRI agent like sertraline or paroxetine which could help.

why do you think your doctors are not taking you seriously?

do you think this clavicular mass is causing your problems?