Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Last 7 days I've had a very sore throat needing to take

Customer Question

Hi, For the last 7 days I've had a very sore throat needing to take combo of nurofen and strong pain relief (paracteamol, codeine mix) every 4 hours - spaced out accordingly. With no relief of the pain. I also have a blocked ear and congested nose and minor conjunctivitis i believe in both eyes. My throat is red at the back with a little white looking ulcer in the red patch. I have had my tonsils removed other wise i would have assumed it was that almost. Is this the common cold or should I be checked out further?
regards
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I advise you to have this checked further .You may have benefit of an antibiotic. They may test you for strep infection as a possibility. Several possible causes of infection exist. Viral is possible but bacterial infection is possible as well. It sounds more to me than common cold ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD