Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

My son has a stomach ache on s upper abdomen that doesn't go

Customer Question

My son has a stomach ache on his upper abdomen that doesn't go away. I gave him Pepto and it didn't help. Should I take him to the hospital?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, any pain in the upper abdomen needs clinical evaluation, most common causes are stomach ulcer, pancreatitis, cardiac and aortic problems. This should not be dealt at home. Simple clinical evaluation and tests including blood tests and abdominal ultrasound can help diagnose the cause. As in most cases it is ulcer of stomach caused by material which needs antibiotics for 10-14 days along with acid suppressant to help control the pain and reduce the chances of reoccurrence. Let me know if you have questions, Thank you. Do rate as positive if no further questions. Yes it is best and safe option to take him to emergency department ...