Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a bad cough and doctor came out this morning and said

Customer Question

I have a bad cough and doctor came out this morning and said I have croup so put me on antibiotic, steroid and a puffer. I have now broken out with red dots on my lips ... Very dried lips and lots of sweating when I sleep. Is this all related?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, all of these symptoms can be related to a croup infection. Any infection can lead to loss of fluid that can cause dryness of lips. Part of the reason for the fluid requirements is because of increased sweating, which can happen with any infection, and may or may not be related to fevers. The red dots can be related to the dryness, but also is more likely to happen with strong coughing, such as occurs with croup.

Therefore, these symptoms can all be related to croup, and as the infection improves, then all of these symptoms should also improve.

If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.

Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.

This is a link to my profile:

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/

Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance.