Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Days swollen glands on the neck aches and pains headache

Customer Question

For 3 days swollen glands on the neck aches and pains headache fatigue and hurts when I swallow. Generally healthy.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

The most common cause of such symptoms would be a viral infection which usually goes away in a week or two at the most.

Meanwhile I would recommend using over-the-shelf ibuprofen 200 mg three to four times daily to help with your symptoms.

If your symptoms persist beyond one week or worsen then I would recommend that you be seen in the emergency during the holiday weekend or by your GP if possible.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end when you are done asking.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

This session is open for any number of questions that you may have.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.

Kindest regards