Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My blood pressure medication is 320mg valsartin/25 mg hctz

Customer Question

My blood pressure medication is 320mg valsartin/25 mg hctz per day,I took 2 by mistake,what should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.

Hi Martin,

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you today.

Do not worry, nothing harm happens except that your blood pressure is little lowered than normal.

Blood pressure medications decrease the higher blood pressure to normal, but they will not have much effect in lowering the normal blood pressure to below normal.

So, don't panic, just drink more water and fluids, so that the medication is flushed out soon.

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus from your side is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi, Martin, I request you to accept the answer with positive rating, only then I'm compensated for my time to have answered your question. Thanks for that!