How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8703
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mold rash on skin... what to do
, remodeled in house,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****.. mold rash on skin... what to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: remodeled in house, removed linoleum all way to concrete in old house. Now, have itchy rash on arms, buttocks, abdomen, breasts, and hips
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, already treated with antibiotics orally, silvadene cream, bactroban,scabies treatment as precaution, benadryl cream, sterroid my doctor. Now, taking soaks with bleach per dermotologist, covering lesions with zinc oxide...... ***** *****
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
itchy, and when scratched, a hard core comes out.....
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.

This certainly does seem likely to be an allergic reaction.

I would recommend using over-the-counter medication like claritin at a dose of 10 mg once daily along with topical steroid like over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone cream to help.

If your symptoms persist or do not improve, you would then, need to be seen to get a prescription of stronger medications.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.

Kindest regards

Related Medical Questions