Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

What are the symptomsis of keytosis - my wife is in her 50's

Customer Question

Customer: What are the symptomsis of keytosis - my wife is in her 50's acting confused and adamant she has not been drinking but failed a breathlyser
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She has a history of alcohol abuse but her presentation is mixed and not like that of drink - she is forgetful, denies things she has said and seems very confused but denies drinking alcohol which I am inclined to believe - she has hormonal issues and a coill fitted she is in her mid 50s and is going through the menaupause
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I will pay by card
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Ketosis is caused by the excess ketones in the body.

Ketones can be produced due to the starvation.

Alcoholism also causes ketosis.

Diabetes is another important cause of ketosis.

Ketosis can cause mental confusion, memory problems, even lack of response, slowness or fatigue, sweet breath odor as well.

ow your wife can also have other issues like thyroid gland disorder or alcohol related brain damage over time.

But first, she needs blood tests --complete metabolic panel including blood sugar and liver function. , ketone levels etc.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/