Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I've been undergoing prp hair treatment in Seoul, South

Customer Question

I've been undergoing prp hair treatment in Seoul, South Korea at this clinic called won Jin beauty. Anyway, I noticed there prp treatment procedure is different. What they do is extract my blood, put in in the centrifuge so the blood and Prp separate, but they don't mix the blood and prp for injections. They only inject the blood into my scalp without the prp. Although they apply the prp on my scalp afterwars and then they have me sit under this bright light which helps my scalp absorb the prp. Now, I am no doctor, but I honestly don't think they're doing it right. They're particular procedure is called smart prep stem cell. I asked the doctor why doesn't she mix my blood with the prp upon injection. She replied "because the Prp would downgrade my blood stem cell" can I please get some feedback on my situation? Are they doing it wrong?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

the platelet rich plasma needs to be injected into the scalp

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23607773

this is how it has been studied in the past

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com