Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My question concerns doctors who specialize in pain

Customer Question

My question concerns doctors who specialize in pain management. I have gone to two different pain management specialists. The first two years ago, the second today. I already have a local doctor who takes care of all my prescriptions. I did not want any pain medicine. I was interested in any procedures, such as trigger point injections or a nerve block. I was told be the first that all she could offer was a facility that had PT, yoga, massage, etc and maybe somewhere done the line we might consider interventions. I live three hours away, so I declined the offer of the facility. I had a near fatal accident 11 years ago. I have done a lot of PT, massage and one session of trigger point injections that helped greatly. I have not had any other interventions. I had major orthopedic injuries and a lot go surgery. The doctor today said he wants to evaluate me every two months, but not consider any procedure on me for quite some time. Is this the usual plan in all pain clinics? My pain has become worse in the last year and I am mainly bed-ridden. Is there any way to get help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are in pain.

some pain management doctors do more procedures than other doctors.

if you are more interested in pain procedures, try to see pain management doctors affiliated with a hospital or university hospital facility where they have fluoroscopy and ultrasound where they can do pain injections.

pain management doctors at free standing facilities sometimes don't have the equipment to do pain injections and procedures.

let me know if you have questions.