Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Stomach discomfort right under ribcage. Also short of breath

Customer Question

Stomach discomfort right under ribcage. Also short of breath when walking. Had gall bladder removed 3months ago. Been ok since then.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you have burning pain in the upper right abdomen? Did you take any medication to relieve this symptom? Since when are you having this discomfort? Regarding shortness of breath since when do you have it? Is this a new symptom? Were any investigations done? Have started walking recently?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.

Hello Carl,

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending yu today.

Shortness of breath during walking is a typical symptom of heart disease, you are also saying about chest discomfort, so I do not want you to take a chance. Though gastritis can cause similar symptoms. Shortness of breath is not present in gastritis.

I want you to go to ER and get a ECG done immediately, nd be seen by a doctor to rule out Angina.

Hope I helped you today. Before you wind off here, I please request you to leave a positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus from your side is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I'm sorry for misspelling your name, Ben.