Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I had a metabolic stress test where the blood pressure cuff

Customer Question

I had a metabolic stress test where the blood pressure cuff repeatedly measures and it went an extra 20 minutes because of technical issues and now my arm hurts really badly. I have a history of blood clots. Is there any reason to be worried?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya, attending you today.

No need to worry, this can cause compromise in blood circulation, but not blood clots.

You can slowly move your arm up and down, and so that the circulation is back, and pain is decreased.

The pain should gradually come down, and should be completely gone maxiumum by an hour. If it still persists, you need to visit the doctor.[which happens rarely].

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A bonus from your side is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hi Lisa, I appreciate if you leave a 5 stars above right in the question page, only then I'm compensated for the time. Thanks for that!