Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had been given Nabumetone in my neck (spurs etc.) Baptist

Customer Question

For Dr. David
I had been given Nabumetone for pain in my neck (spurs etc.) Baptist Hospital Neurologist
some time ago told me to do this and to contact him if it doesn't work . I was taking 500 mg twice per day. Must I keep taking this if I do ok just taking one in the evening. I can handle this pretty well. I also cut my flexeril down to 1/2 tablet once a day = 2.5 mg since between what I had read and your opinion. I actually realized I was getting sleepy and forgetting things after I read the link you asked me to read. I am doing much better now.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

He doesn't seem to be working right now. May I take your question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I take many pills for high blood pressure. Dr. David has advised me that the Alprazolam and Flexeril have some negative reaction. I have taken the xanax since 1988. The flexeril for about a year and just found out it was not good together as there may be an interaction. I knocked down the flexeril to 2.5 a day instead of 5.mg twice a day. i was recently taking 500 mg of Nabutone twice a day for neck spurs. i have recently reduced my intake of these pills because I was starting to sleep more and forgetting. Since i have reduce the mg's i am feeling better and more aleart.These deductions in the amounts I am taking are working so is it ok to do this. The only thing i see is a slight increase in BP.

Nabumetone causes drowsiness (1% to 3% of people). If your pain is controlled well, it is okay to take it once a day.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
I think I will wait until Dr. David can answer the question. He is aware of my situation.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

Nabumetone should be dosed just once a day.

usually it is started at 1000mg a day, but if 500mg works for you, then take that dose

and let your doctor know you are taking it just once a day.

it can cause drowsiness, so taking it once at night time can be better

let me know if you have questions