Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been diagnosed with severe panic disorder, PTSD,

Customer Question

Hi, I have been diagnosed with severe panic disorder, PTSD, &major panic attacks. The dr I was seeing for the past 4yrs I can't see anymore as I lost my insurance. He had me on 2mg xanax 2-3x/day. Is there anywhere that can help me get back on bcuz since I had to stop I have not been able to even leave the house &dont know what to do anymore
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

For prescription of xanax you need to go to a Primary care physician as it would not be available without prescription. I would suggest you must visit a PCP or psychiatrist for evaluation and prescription because leaving xanax all of sudden after 4 years would cause withdrawal syndrome which makes you feel very unwell.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.