Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have taken my blood pressure medicine then the last 3

Customer Question

I have taken my blood pressure medicine then the last 3 hours my blood pressure is 192 over 1:12 what should I do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

If the blood pressure is still high after three hours of taking medication you need to visit ER for this as it needs monitoring and you might need Intravenous medication to lower this down. This much high blood pressure can be dangerous so to avoid complications go to emergency.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

another option is to call up your primary care doctor and let them know what your blood pressure is if you are not having any symptoms

your doctor could increase your blood pressure medication for you over the phone or call in new blood pressure medication for you

have you tried to call up your doctor over the weekend?

are you having any symptoms like headaches? dizziness?

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

I would respectfully ***** ***** the second expert's advice. Your blood pressure reading is high and these readings can cause end organ damage without any symptoms.

This is obviously not your routine reading that is why you have shown concern. So, it is best to be on the safe side and avoid complications. Going to the Urgent Care or the ER is the best course of action.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Best wishes.