DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My right hand ring finger does not want to close all the way

Customer Question

Customer: My right hand ring finger does not want to close all the way so I can make a fist. It hurts on the inside of my hand under neath my knuckle. When I get it to close I have to forcefully open it and it hurts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have been diagnosed with gout in the past year it affected my left foot.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for requesting me.

Yes this can be gout.

Glad to look at a picture here.

I would call your doctor now: colchicine or an nsaid can be used in the case of gout.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.