Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am 34 weeks pregnant and noticed in certain lights a small

Customer Question

Hi I am 34 weeks pregnant and noticed in certain lights a small lump on my pectoral muscle or upper breast it's pea like an hard also I have an indent on the same breast on the areola. I also noticed a lump that moves in my upper arm underneath, I feel worried is it normal to find lumps in pregnancy.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How big is it? Is it painful? When you press it, do you feel pain? Any other symptoms such as fever? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history? Can you attach the photos here including the indent and the lump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's sort of pea size and not moveable, it's painless, I just noticed it when I was looking in the mirror as it slightly protrudes and as I felt it to see what it was, just incase it was the light, and it feels like a lump, my breast seems to look indented on the areola, this was a couple of months back, but really only when the nipple changes with the cold normally it looks the same as always. The lump under my arm I noticed a few months ago
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It could be a fibroadenoma. One concern is that it is not moveable. Since the indent is with the cold temperature, it should be okay. But you should see your doctor to have an exam and mammogram & ultrasound if necessary for sure.