How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 28706
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is ***** *****: I have had a second penile implant

Customer Question

Customer: This is ***** *****: I have had a second penile implant after the first one failed. When it failed it left me with a bent penis. After the new implant the penis remained bent so I went to a specialist who did a surgery by denuding the penis and stitching up the stretched out tissue in the penis. That surgery was only mildly successful and now I do not have any sensuous feeling in my penis and cannot ejaculate or have an orgasm. is there a way to help me get back to normal sexual response?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot ejaculate or have an orgasm since the last surgery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

It is likely there is damage to the nerves important for sensation along the penile length.

This is a less common complication but can occur following this type of surgery.

Challenging situation to get sensation back.

But may improve over time.

Regarding the ejaculation problem, it is possible you may have enlarged prostate obstructing semen release.

This can be addressed by the medication called Alfuzosin daily.

Also testosterone cream can be applied over the penile length to improve the sensation.

No other therapy known to work so far unfortunately.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile: