Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have a recurring skin rash that appears to be dermatitis

Customer Question

Hello-
I have a recurring skin rash that appears to be dermatitis herpetiformis or very similar to DH. It usually responds to dapsone. I was tested for celiac 7 or 8 years ago. The specialist did an endoscopy and took a biopsy but the results came back negative. They told me I don't have a gluten issue and they didn't have any other advice.
The rash seems to be triggered by cold weather although it does sometimes occur without a drop in temperature. It can also, but not always, be accompanied by joint pain and one time at the onset I noticed a lot of floaters in my eyes. It usually starts on my elbows and hands. The dapsone is usually good at abating it but, as is happening right now, it sometimes takes hold and spreads to my buttocks, the backs of my legs, my neck and under my arms.
I haven't gone on a gluten free diet given the medical results. It doesn't seem to reoccur straight away after when I consume gluten.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

can you upload a picture?

How long has this been recurring?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No offense but why have they matched my question for a gastroenterologist with an eye doctor?

Probably because you mentioned floaters in your eyes..... "To Err is Human. To really mess up, you need a Computer"

I will opt out so that a GI doctor can help you.

Have a Happy Holiday Season. :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** What happens now re my question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't need an eye doctor I need a gastroenterologist

I have opted out and sent a note to the Powers That Be stating you are looking for a GI doctor......

The Wheels are Turning......Patience, Grasshopper ;)

Have a good weekend.