Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I am trying to quick alcohol cold turkey It has been 3 days.

Customer Question

Customer: I am trying to quick alcohol cold turkey It has been 3 days. I have been a chronic user. I am going on probation. I know that some people may experience harsher withdraws, etc. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now I have anxiety issues which I expected. I have been taking gabapentine but does not seem to work. I really tired all the time butI believied that is one of the systoms. They have a gtc test that can detect alcohol in your system for 80 hours. It is going to be a miracle but I don't want to go to jail. Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 12 months ago.

Hello

The ETG test does not typically work up to 80 hours.

In studies, it is 25 to 50 hours on average.

You should not be going cold turkey without doctor supervision, as it can be dangerous.

Not sure what else you question is. let me know if there are still questions.

Please click a positive rating.

I have not heard back from you.

Please click a positive rating: that is the only way we can provide this service.

let me know if you have more questions.

Find Dr. Thomas anytime in medical by request for accurate answers.