Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Have a Moluccan Cockatoo, wonder if he is causing my eye and

Customer Question

Have a Moluccan Cockatoo, wonder if he is causing my eye and nose problem. Eyes are red, inside and out. Cockatoo is very affectionate and he gets a kiss all the time in his feathers. When I clean his cage I notice a lot of very small almost can't see them feathers, they are so small. Wonder if they get up my nose and block the gland from my eyes to my nose. Doctors are not familiar with this problem of feathers and dander so they are of little help. Hope you have some answers.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you are probably allergic to bird dander and fathers in your nose.

you should see an allergy doctor and get testing to see if you are allergic

and see if allergy medications like allegra or zyrtec or claritin and benadryl can help

also steroid eye drops and steroid nasal sprays could help decrease the allergy histamine reaction you are having.

small feathers and dander do get up the nose and can cause allergic reactions like red eyes, itchy eyes, itchy runny nose, sneezing, cough, and other symptoms.

do you have a doctor you can see who can do some allergy testing for you?

have you tried any over the counter allergy medications? All I mentioned above you can get over the counter.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com