DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My name is ***** ***** and I want to know if a couple who

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I want to know if a couple who both claims to be monogamous, can give each other an std, specifically trich.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, my recent pap smear revealed I had an STD. I am female by the way and my partner of 14 years and I have been together with what I thought had no other sexual parteners.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you were both monogamous and did not have trich, you would not get it.

However, it is sexually transmitted.

It can also be carried chronically.

But you don't catch it other ways.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chronically means long duration. How can it be for that long period of time without one or the other's knowledge or any syptoms?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Some people can be carriers without symptoms.

That is just the fact.

Please click a positive.

Come back if needed.