How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6589
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking to help with IBS, I have seen my doctor, i have

Customer Question

I am looking for something to help with IBS, I have seen my doctor, i have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy, (sorry for spelling) and I am thinking an Antispasmodic may help per my research.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Is your IBS constipation-dominant IBS or diarrhea-dominant IBS?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diarrhea with an always quesy feeling or trapped gas feelingHowever no pain
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You may try anticholinergic and antispasmodic medications like hyoscyamine (Levsin) and dicyclomine (Bentyl). You should also cut out such items as carbonated beverages, vegetables — especially cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower — and raw fruits to avoid bloating. If it doesn't help, you may try Alosetron which relaxes the colon and slows the movement of waste through the lower bowel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you prescribe for me ?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

No, I am sorry we are not allowed. Counseling only.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Take care.