Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Have stage 4 cancer at base of my tongue along with diebetes

Customer Question

have stage 4 cancer at base of my tongue along with diebetes have had the diebetes for 10 years stage 4 cancer for 2 years this past june from agent orange in viet nam was given 6 months to live if no chemo and radiation but i am still alive the diebetes
has caused neup in my legs feet and has now have blisters when they fill with water and pop cause sores developed staff infection treated with antibodicesclindamycin hcl 150 mg60 caps andcirofloxacinhcl 500mg 20tab sores look better but sill green no puss
discharge now so which is going to kill me cancer or the dibetes and how long you est i have
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically the prognosis for diabetes mellitus is strongly influenced by the degree of control of the disease. With better monitoring and treatment the prognosis of diabetes is better and will prevent complications from occurring and from further progression of the disease. Hence please consult your doctor and take regular treatment with monitoring of blood glucose levels.

Regarding oral cancer as your doctors have already informed you that at this stage it has an unfavorable prognosis. However no one can tell exactly how long you have and this may be less than 5 years based on studies done.

Take care.