Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

MY NAME IS ***** ***** AND MY WIFE IS SUFFERING WITH IBS,

Customer Question

Customer: MY NAME IS ***** ***** AND MY WIFE IS SUFFERING FOR YEARS WITH IBS, SAW THIS ABOUT OTILONIUM BROMIDE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS WOULD HELP. BENTYL DID NOTHING. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: CONSTANT ABDOMINAL PAIN IN LOWER STOMACH, DIAGNOSED WITH IBS. NOTHING WORKS, HAD EVERY TYPE OF TEST DONE AL NEGATIVE READY TO GIVE UP LIFE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

While it is possible that Otilonium bromide might help her there is no way to know without trying it.

Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find interesting:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798806

I would ask her GI specialist if he was willing to give it a try as he knows your wife best.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS