Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My name is ***** *****, my daughter just found a small

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, my daughter just found a small indention on left hip, what could this mean...she is 20 and a very small girl
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She had a mri done a couple days ago but it will probably be next week before her doctor tells her results..it does not hurt her or anything and is a small indention
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

a small indention on the left hip which is not painful most likely is due to a a gluteal fold or fatty distribution.

it could be adiposis edematosa or dermopanniculosis deformans when the fat in the subcutaneous skin is not smooth and is more lumpy and can cause small indentions.

I bet the MRI scan will show all normal findings

would you like to upload a photo of the indention in the skin?

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert