Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had a cough a week, and now my tongue and lips are

Customer Question

I have had a cough for over a week, and now my tongue and lips are full of sores
I had a lowgrade fever several days ago
Category: Medical
Expert:  dr.behere replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

To help me give you a better answer is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here? You can either attach the photo directly with your reply or use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and paste the URL of the photo in your reply.

Regards

Dr.Behere

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No I am not that savvy. But I do not think it is a dental issue...I started with a cough for about a week. Last Friday I ran a lowgrade temperature but have a normal temp now and the last few days. Cough drops intended to soothe my throat have now become very painful in my mouth and I noticed tiny white patches on my lips just inside my mouth...these have only shown up today...but my cough is still very persistent.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is our conversation still going??

Yes it is still going.

If you do not want a dental expert to answer your question, I can change the question of the category for you. However, since I have already answered your question, the change of category will be reviewed by the site moderators first and this may take some time. Is that ok?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
no...I did not ask for a dentist but a doctor...I was surprised when I was given a dentist

I will opt out in that case.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 12 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you have any difficulty in breathing? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medication? Is the cough dry or are you bringing up mucus?