Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have recently come off of short term disability (oct 28th)

Customer Question

I have recently come off of short term disability (oct 28th) for mental distress, which was preventing me from being able to focus on my job and college work, and was causing me to experience acute short term memory loss every day or two. I promptly resumed
my job after a two-week recovery period, which was at the direction of my licensed therapist. My work days include daily forced overtime. I've also resumed my college courses in Business. My wife is pregnant, and out of left field we received a letter from
child services wanting to investigate the well being of our first child. We were also told that my wife's pregnancy is considered high risk, and I am under a great deal of stress yet again. I am a lineman for a utility company, and I fear that such a condition
could cause me to be unsafe at work again. Is there any possibility that you could fill out paperwork and communicate my condition to the disability center that handles claims for my company? I have attempted to secure an appointment with my therapist or a
doctor locally, but there aren't any appointments immediately available, and I do not feel safe continuing my schedule at this time. Thinking back, I feel as if my therapist did not allow me enough recovery time, or perhaps it's the untimely occurrence of
these events that are causing me to relapse into my previous condition, including some short term memory problems. I truly feel like the two weeks of recovery did a great deal of healing, but if It were possible for you to coordinate a leave of absence for
me with the third party company, it would be a great service to me and my family.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 12 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having so many issues.

However, it is not possible for us to complete these forms for you based solely on an internet discussion.

We can only provide information in response to questions.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Though, I would like a second opinion before I request a refund. Thanks again.

This is a policy of the site based on the law and regulation of licensed doctors, not a personal policy.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Admin / Moderator : Please cancel my question and refund. Thanks.

I will send a message to the moderator.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I still have not received my refund.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

I have already sent a message to the moderators.