Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My left (especially) has been really swollen and my leg

Customer Question

my left (especially) has been really swollen and my leg also. to the point I can bearly walk.right foot some. I hit the leg on the seat channel (to move forward) tonight and the leg is just pouring clear fluid. I know I need to see a doctor but can this wait until tomorrow? I don't have insurance or a physician that I have seen in years so I'm not sure where to go.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Basically this may be due to cellulitis which is a common and potentially serious bacterial skin infection. Cellulitis appears as a swollen, red area of skin that feels hot and tender and the skin on lower legs is most commonly affected. Left untreated, the spreading infection can rapidly turn life-threatening, therefore it is important to seek immediate medical attention if cellulitis symptoms occur.

Also swelling in one leg may be due to clot in the veins causing mild to moderate swelling. In this case there is also pain, warmth, redness, and tenderness in the leg.

Hence both of these conditions are serious and need immediate management. Therefore please go to an urgent care facility or the emergency room of a hospital for an examination to diagnose the exact cause and based on this the treatment may given which can antibiotics for the infection.

Take care.