Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been waiting specialist since June 19...and I'm

Customer Question

I have been waiting for a specialist since June 19...and I'm thinking of going private to have an ENT specialist just scope my throat and check to see if I have damaged my vocal chords or esophagus. I went to my Dr. with the cough and chest pain last December after waiting for several months trying to figure it out myself. He diagnosed Bronchitis.. In May I went back saying I still have this cough. I think I have had acid reflux for over a year and the burning in my throat/tongue and hoarseness daily w/ cough has been disconcerting and I am tired of apologizing for my cough. My Dr. has prescribed Pantoprazole and it has helped a bit.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I live in Calgary AB Canada..... Do not use my VISA. thank you, JKettles
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

If you have had hoarseness for this long along with a cough then I would recommend that you see an ENT specialist as soon as possible, an indirect laryngoscopy can be done at the office without any discomfort and this will give information on vocal cords and the larynx.

I would also suggest that along with the pantoprazole, you observe dietary modification, avoid spicy, salted, smoked and salted foods especially at dinner time.

Also, sleep with a head up tilt of about 30-45 degrees at night - a wedge pillow can help.

Let me know if you have any queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.