Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I was involved in a acident where I was walking on the side

Customer Question

I was involved in a acident where I was walking on the side of road and was hit by a car and injured pretty badly I'm in severe pain as well I don't know what to do bout my pain bc all I do is cry and having very hard time getting round moving round or even getting up I hurt so bad I can hardly sleep
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 12 months ago.

Hello

The first think is that you need a structural diagnosis...what is causing the pain.

Best doctor after seeing your primary care is physical medicine and rehabilitation.

this will get a manual medicine program set up, this type of doctor can handle pain medications, and refer you as needed.

These are medical doctors that specialize in this.

Right now, your doctor should have made sure that you do not have fractures or other injuries including whiplash.

If your pain is so severe, I suggest the ER for now.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I went to my ortho dr yesterday found fracture in left front pelvic bone as well as in my very upper arm bout 2 in below the socket of shoulder fracture in my hand and my knee already had many many fractures on the top of the femur bone under the knee cap which is why I was seeing ortho in 1st place he did all those xray yesterday and found these new fractures as well I have MRI set up for wed this coming week and back to the ortho dr Thurs with the disk from the MRI bc he wants to see how bad the fractures are as well as if there's muscle damage and if so how bad it is they can not give me any med for pain bc until he refers me to a pain management dr and I don't know when that will be and I hurt very badly I went to er last night they gave nothing for pain saying the law doesn't allow it so are you able to help with my pain please sir

I hope that you are not requesting pain meds on line, which would be a felony crime, both for any doctor doing it and for you.

No, this is not a treatment site...and no doctor that has not examined you can legally give you pain meds.

I hope I have helped you avoid trouble by telling you this.

The ortho or your primary care doctor are the doctors responsible.

I never, ever heard of someone with fractures not being given pain meds, ever.

If that is the case, then you should report that doctor.

Good luck.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am wondering if you can please help me with this pain I'm having I am begging I don't know what to do
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok thank you I will try to do the reporting of the Dr like you suggested I didn't know I could do that and I didn't know bout the med thing ad well either I'm sorry

Please read my previous answer.

Even trying to doc shop on line and get narcotics is technically a felony.

Your over the counter choices are limited: tylenol, aleve and advil.

The only time an ortho doc would refer to pain management for fractures would be if there were a history of drug abuse problems. Even then, if there are severe fractures, the patient should be admitted temporarily to the hospital for pain management, or pain management should begin with the consultant

immediately on an out patient basis.

Yes, if you are simply being left in the lurch, report the doctor and find someone else.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm NOT dr shopping I didn't know my questing and asking for help was wrong the ortho dr said there office couldn't give out the type of pain med I have to have to help control my pain that a pain management dr has too sorry that my questions were taken out of context that was NOT my intention NOT AT ALL I aplogize completely
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
But I will take your advice about the reporting dr and all that and to clarify there's never been any type of abuse or drug abuse in my past or present thank you

Thanks for that information: no, I am not saying what you are doing, only saying that if one tries to go outside of an exam and doctor's visit, it can be a problem.

I am flabergasted at the idea that at least two doctors would not pain manage acute fractures, particularly pelvic fractures, which are very painful and often need surgical repair.

I would report both the ortho and er doc who refused to treat a fracture.

That is entirely inappropriate.

good luck

let me know how it goes.

please do not forget a positive rating.