Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I went to the hospital pains, vomiting, dizziness, and

Customer Question

Hello-
I went to the hospital for stomach pains, vomiting, dizziness, and general malaise. They admitted me for 4 days and diagnosed me with ulcers. Since my release I have continued to have pain, vomiting, fainting, night sweats, and dizziness. I went to the internal doctor and he said I need an MRCP but there is no availibility until next week. Starting two days ago my blood pressure has sky rocketed (I normally have low blood pressure). I have felt so confused and delirious all day. Can you help?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also my liver enzymes and WBC are elevated. I have my labs if it will help.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

stomach pains can cause your blood pressure to be high.

I hope they tested you for H Pylori infection when they did the upper endoscopy to look into your stomach when they saw stomach ulcers.

high blood gastrin levels can cause your stomach to produce excessive stomach acid.

you should go back to the hospital and ask for more testing.

why is your internal med doctor recommending an MRCP?

you need to consult a GI doctor.

you could have problems with your gall bladder.

you might need a HIDA scan of your gall bladder.

you need blood test to check amylase and lipase levels for pancreatitis.

you need blood tests to check for hepatitis liver infection.

do you drink alcohol?

did you have a gall bladder ultrasound yet? you could be having an ascending cholangitiis infection of bacterial going up into your biliary system causing elevation of your liver enzyme levels and elevation of WBC counts

did they put you on antibiotics yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is your internal med doctor recommending an MRCP? He thinks there is something wrong with my liver function. AST (SGOT) 78
ALT 153you need to consult a GI doctor. My internist is a GI.you could have problems with your gall bladder. I had my gallbladder removed in 2005.you might need a HIDA scan of your gall bladder.you need blood test to check amylase and lipase levels for pancreatitis. Lipase 19you need blood tests to check for hepatitis liver infection. I submitted my labs for this today.do you drink alcohol? Socially. 4 a month usually.did you have a gall bladder ultrasound yet? you could be having an ascending cholangitiis infection of bacterial going up into your biliary system causing elevation of your liver enzyme levels and elevation of WBC counts. WBC went from 20 to 14 between my visits (4 days between)did they put you on antibiotics yet? No antibiotics. Prilosec, Carafate, and zofran.Other out of norm numbers:BUN 25CELL MORPHOLOGY - Final result (11/27/2015 4:54 AM EST)
Component Value Range
Cell Morphology: Abnormal
Tear Drop Cells =1+
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Latest WBC 14.33
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you got hepatitis tests done.

you should get an MRCP.

you could have a stone in your bile ducts in your liver causing elevation of your AST and ALT levels which are high but not super high.

are your bilirubin levels are normal?

make sure your doctors have tested you for H Pylori stomach infection.

and get blood test for gastrin levels.

make sure you avoid foods which worsen stomach acid such as tomato sauce, spicy foods, sodas, oily and fried foods.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tests aren't until Monday but at this point overtime I stand I collapse because my blood pressure goes out of control. My head is killing me and I throw up everything. What should I do? Last time I went to the hospital all they did was give me an IV and send me home.Bilirubin, Total 0.4 0.2-1.2 mg/dL
Bilirubin, Direct 0.2 0.0-0.5 mg/dL
Bilirubin, Indirect 0.2 0.0-1.1 mg/dL
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

if you vomit everything, you should go back to the ER

you need IV fluids and stronger nausea medicatiosn

you might benefit from sublinguinal dissoluble zofran so you don't have to swallow it.

it sounds like your zofran is not working for your nausea at this point.

bilirubin not too high.

you are probably dehydrated.

you need to go back to the ER for IV fluids and IV nausea medications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. This is the information I already had.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

what other questions do you have?

are you willing to go back to the ER?