Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am a sixty seven year old male. Several months ago, I

Customer Question

I am a sixty seven year old male. Several months ago, I seemed to stop having regular bowel movements without taking a mild laxative. I constantly feel full and bloated. I eat relatively healthy foods. What is causing my condition?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

What is the frequency of your bowel movements and the size and consistency of the stools? Are you suffering from stress in the last few months? Which laxative do you take? Do you have any abdominal or rectal pain? If pain is present does defecation relieve or worsen the pain? Do you do any daily exercise? Do you take enough fiber in your diet? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take any daily medication? Any investigations done?