Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have been having a weird feeling in my upper abdominal

Customer Question

I have been having a weird feeling in my upper abdominal tonight. It's all on the left side, rite under the left breast, kinda where the spleen is. Not really a pain, almost like a squeezing feeling. I can be laying down,when this happens, causes me to jolt up. Seems like it really only does sitting up, or laying down. Standing and walking, ddoesn't do it as often. Anybody know what this could possibly be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It seems most likely to be related to your stomach i.e. increased acidity or gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) causing your symptoms in which case over-the-counter medications like omeprazole (prilosec) 20 mg twice daily will help.

If that does not work or your symptoms persist then you must be seen to rule out other causes like enlarged spleen or a stone in the kidneys or urinary tract.

You will then, most likely, require an imaging study like an ultrasound to rule out these conditions.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm taking prolosec once a day rite now, along with ranitidine 150. Half tablet twice a day. Had a barium swallow last week, everything showed good, said I didn't reflux during the test
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Then the next test that you should have done is an ultrasound or a CAT scan.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have for me.

I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Wasn't sure if my blood pressure could have something to do with it. Been running a little high. My biggest complaint last week was some chest pain, biggest thing was felt like something was stock in my throat rite below the Adams apple. That went on for about 2 weeks. Went away, for 5 days or so, kinda acted up a little bit again today, nothing like it was before.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Something stuck in the throat is called as globus hystericus.

This is either caused by acid reflux or more commonly by a lot of anxiety or stress.

So I think that anxiety may be one of the causes that needs to be considered in your case if that has not already been done so.

Kindest regards