Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I am looking direction regarding my 3 year old son that has

Customer Question

Hi, I am looking for some direction regarding my 3 year old son that has had a low grade temperature for 3 months. His tempreture is elevated all day, but goes back to normal every time he falls asleep.
It started in September, he woke up with a middle-ear and throat infection, conjunctivitis, hives and a fever, the doctor prescribed antibiotics which cleared it all up. I took him for a check up on Sunday prior to finishing the course of antibiotics and was told he was all clear, the following Tuesday this low grade fever started and hasn't let up.
I am looking for any possibilities as to cause that you can suggest - my Dr (and specialist) have not come up with anything. We have done blood tests which showed everything was normal (although he has low iron). He is also not eating well but is otherwise normal and happy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear about your son ,

It would be ideal for you to have his blood culture along with work up for connective tissue disorder .

Get his echocardiography to rule out the possibility of infective endocarditis please .

Once go to dr and ask him for that .

Regards .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .