Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dr

Customer Question

Hi Dr
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

How can we be of assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been having serious headache past 3 days and high body temperature and shivering my urine turn orange...I throw yesterday the body temperature lowered headache now light urine still orange, I have been taking DayQuil NyQuil and Advil PM any other advice I can get from you pls?

What part of the head is affected by the headache?

What is the highest that the temperature has been?

Are you having any congestion or cough?

Are you having any pain or burning with urination?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forehead, center of the head, temperature went up to about 100F yesterday it's normal now, no congestion no cough, no pain no burning with urination

The greatest concern when the urine is orange is that it is due to blood in the urine, which will combine with the usual yellow color of the urine to make it appear orange. In someone with a fever and blood in the urine, the primary concern would be if there is an infection of the kidneys or elsewhere in the urinary tract, but there would usually be some pain or burning with urination. Even if there is no pain or burning, it still is likely due to infection, but there also should be consideration of whether it could be from inflammation of the kidneys, and with the heaadache, whether it is affecting your blood pressure.

Do you have the ability to check your blood pressure at home?

If so, what is your blood pressure running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blood pressure is also normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The symptons I have left now is light headache when I shake my head and I also feel weak!

Very good.

The primary concern at this point would be from infection, and since the urine is orange, the greatest concern would be an infection of the urinary tract. A headache can be a non-specific response to a variety of infections. It is most commonly from a viral infection, but the orange color to the urine raises greater concern about a urinary tract infection.

Weakness is also non-specific and can occur with a variety of infections.

Transient blood in the urine also can happen from actions that jostle the kidneys, and this would not be as worrisome, but you said in your original comments that you are still having orange urine.

The usual recommendation with these symptoms are that you should be seen by your doctor. With the maximum temperature of 100 and no pain or increase in blood pressure, it is not necessary that you be seen urgently, but it would be appropriate to be seen.

Is there any additional information that would be helpful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's it thanks

You are most welcome.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent(click on the 5th star).

However, if I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/