Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've had a stomach that feels locked up four days. Not

Customer Question

I've had a stomach that feels locked up four days. Not really hungry. Excessive acid and burping. Chest pains on my left chest and under ribs. very uncomfortable. I've taken a dose of Pepcid ac. A few doses of mylanta. I've also been drinking apple cider vinegar to neutralize the acid. It's now been about four days. Here's some changes that happened previous that I think May of caused this. One I ate a half of bar of chocolate which I rarely do. I also ate a large amount of sweet potato in a day? I at chicken and then a meal of fish very soon after I didn't wanna waste. I haven't eaten much meat over the last few years. I ate 4 pieces of pizza on one of the days prior which I don't usually consume much dairy or cheese like that. I think I fell asleep soon after the pizza, I read something about laying down after eating messing up your stomach.
I need help. I feel like some air is trapped under my chest on the left side and stomach is locked up. What do u suggest this is n a solution?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting Justanswer.

Are you suffering from constipation or bloating? Any nausea or fever? Were the Pepcid or mylanta beneficial? Do you suffer from any medical condition or take daily medications? Do you have any other symptoms such as shortness of breath? How severe is the chest pain? Is it burning in nature?

Which laxative you took? Was it beneficial?