Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I took an 80 mg oxiconttin pill at 5pm tonight(7 hours ago)

Customer Question

I took an 80 mg oxiconttin pill at 5pm tonight(7 hours ago) w no alcohol and taking no sleeping medications tonight to go to sleep. I have been taking this medication for about a week or so but have been on 15-20 percoset / day for about a year. With a week off every other week or so.
I took one 80 mg pill this morning at 9am but have been taking one every morning with taking a 40 mg in the afternoon around 1pm.
Am I ok to go to sleep shortly as I have been fine all day and no dizziness no high sensation. No sleepiness ( in fact played football w my family at 2pm ) that is why I took the other pill after I was sore.
Please let me know
Thnaks you
Zach
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Yes you may sleep due to the fact that you having been on an opioid for about a year and also because you had taken this medication seven hours ago and still have no adverse effects such as sedation. However you must take this medication only as prescribed by your doctor.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a five star positive rating.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much . It is s truly great thing that you are doing. Putting ones mind at rest in this stressful situation with my family here and my child in bed w me. Going to sleep. Thank you again
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

You are welcome.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a five star rating.

Thanks.