Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I need to go gastroscopy, I had one last year sober and had

Customer Question

Hi I need to go for a gastroscopy, I had one last year sober and had a bad experience so I desperately want sedation. However, I've read terrible, terrible things about midazolam, and I've ta***** *****epam myself in the past and it had a good effect. The
nhs won't say yes to using it but they used to use it in the past. It doesn't take that long to ware off surely? It didn't when I took 6mg. I'd really like to try it with diasporam, so I'm going to ask to do this privately. My symptoms are knawing feeling
between meals, (but not always) pain in ribs after eating (but not always). I did have black stools over a month ago but I was drinking beetroot and it wasn't tarry and sticky. Also I didn't show up as anemic. I also tested negative to h p lori so really what
are the chances I could've developed an ulcer in the last year? And cancer at my age? (I'm 28) it isn't in my family. Do I really need a gastroscopy? I badly don't want one.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know a barium meal would use lots of radiation so the doctor won't give one to me. What about a ct scan though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A cat scan should at least rule out cancer? Could it show up anything else?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any medications? Do you take pain medications? Smoking? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 5 foot 7 and weigh 123 pounds. I have lost about 3-4 pounds over the past 3 weeks but I've eaten a lot less partly due to anxiety. I take omzoprazole on and off. No I don't smoke. Appendix out when I was 13. There is ibs in the family but no other digestion problems. I have chronic fatigue and anxiety problems as well as these stomach and bowel problems
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Since you are 28, it is less likely you have cancer. If the symptoms are not improved with omeprazole, you should have a gastroscopy.