Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Extreme amount of gas stomach feels like its about to burst

Customer Question

extreme amount of gas stomach feels like its about to burst about 2 now feels likes its going to rip apart severe on off every few seconds now or minutes stopped for about half then came back severe dont know how much more can take had diahrrea 2 times can typee severe pain
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The most common cause of the kind of symptoms that you are having is acid peptic disease.

Other causes of such pain include kidney disease, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis among other problems.

Considering the severity of your symptoms I would strongly recommend that you be seen in the ER, if you have not been seen already for this.

For the time being you can try taking omeprazole 20 mg twice daily along with gaviscon 2 tablespoons three times a day to see if that helps with your symptoms.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.

Kind regards