Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have frequent fevers and especially night sweats with

Customer Question

I have frequent fevers and especially night sweats with weight loss that seems to have stabilized. I also have severe joint pain and fatigue. I recently had some lab work that showed my WBC to be 15.8. My doctor tells me I should not be concerned but I can't stop worrying because I feel, "bad to awful" most of the time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these issues.

WBC count of 15.8 is not normal. this can be a sign of infection or inflammation in your body.

weight loss can be from hyperthyroidism or autoimmune disease or inflammatory bowel disease.

you could be having hot flashes and sweats from menopause and declines of your estrogen levels.

have you had your blood estrogen and FSH and LH levels checked? are you after menopause?

you need a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy to check your bowels and stomach as well.

have you had ESR, ANA, levels checked?

have you had thyroid hormone levels checked?