Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

Last week I popped a little blood vessel on the bottom of my

Customer Question

Last week I popped a little blood vessel on the bottom of my foot. I had been taking more ibuptophen than usual and running around the house barefoot on my bony feet. When Zi noticed the stinging and bruising I knew what happened because I have done that on my finger before. I iced it right away, maybe too much, because now the bruising is gone but I have a pea-sized lump that is tender. There was no break in the skin at all. What can I do to get rid of the little lump. I have been applying heat now occasionally.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, it seems like a small hematoma and most of these go away after couple of weeks, other possible cause is a cyst or abscess, if it is growing and painful along with redness then you may need to get it drained with help of syringe, let me know if you have questions, thank you.