khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Ive had a cough 2 weeks. Was really weak at the beginning

Customer Question

Ive had a cough for about 2 weeks. Was really weak at the beginning but thats a little better now. Im fairly certain I have bronchitis, but my husband is worried and asking me to go to the er. Hes deployed and cant drive me in. I dont want to waste my time or a doctors time for something unless its necessary not to mention if Im driving and get a coughing fit I could kill someone. Anything coughed up as been clear, get headaches from the coughing, no fever and not achy. No wheezing. Sometimes when its a bunch of coughing all at once my chest burns right behind my sternum, but it goes away quickly.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to go to the ER. Enough rest, hydrate. I think it is viral bronchitis. I have similar problem. But if you have muscle pain and high fever, you should see a doctor to have a flu test and get flu medication if it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats what I thought. Thanks. I hope this will make him stop worrying.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Take care.