Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Im having stinging pain on the left side of my chest.. under

Customer Question

im having stinging pain on the left side of my chest.. under my left breast. It started about 2 this morning and is more constant now... a burning sensation too. I'm currently on azithromycin and prednisone for breathing issues i've had with a cold ive had been dealing with forever... trying not to panic but the pain is scary
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Of course, any pain that concerns you needs a hands on exam.

It is most likely muscular if you have been coughing.

However, if you are on antibiotics for "breathing issues" and you have increasing pain, you need an exam now to rule out things like a blood clot to the lung, which can easily be missed.

An exam, EKG and if indicated high resolution CT scan.

I suggest you go get examined now.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well the dr said that my breathing tubes were inflammed due to the cough / cold i had. I was dizzy and light headed and couldn't breath very well... the medication he gave me helped.. now it's the the sharp pain jabs i get on my left side.

My answer is exactly the same.

Add that pneumonia needs to be ruled out at well, which is simple with a chest x ray.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Unless your doctor did an EKG, did a chest x ray that were normal. Then, OK.

However, with breathing difficulties, EKG, exam, maybe CT could be mandatory.

I would not wait. Use the ER.

Please do not forget a positive rating...that is the only way we are paid along with bonuses.