Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

McCoy is my name, and I have torn my Latissimus Dorsi. I

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** McCoy is my name, and I have torn my Latissimus Dorsi. I want to know how long must I wait till it is well. Got to work
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tore it when I was 15 pitching baseball. I lifted weights really hard to and didn't stetch as much as I should. That was 20 years ago. I feel like I have done it all over again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

There is no set answer...it depends on the severity of your injury .Hopefully it may be a muscle strain and short of any severe tear

You should be checked by an orthopedic specialist to asses you and get your treatment plan together ...

I suspect that you may need physical restrictions followed by physical therapy ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate that. My problem is that I have not done anything that I noticed it to start hurting from. Strange to me.

When did it start hurting again?

The weight lifting and other were 20 years ago and not recent correct ?

I think the less that you may point to as for cause of injury this may lead to better prognosis going forward for you.....

The prior injury probably left you with scar tissue within the muscle and this would be a potential weak area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starting hurting again Saturday, but I haven't lifted weights since Wednesday. Didn't hurt none that weight lifting day or previous days before Saturday. Started Saturday night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive worked out since then and most of all my life pretty hardcore at it. I reaggravated it over extending the muscle a few months ago. But it seemed to get better. Don't know if that may have had something to do with it again.

I see...I would back off the heavy exertion for now and get ortho to check you. Take an NSAID such as 2 Aleve twice a day with food ...

I agree that it would seem if weight lifting on Wednesday then we would expect pain in Thursday especially....